Review of Lootera
One has to have guts and passion to make a film based on the story which is nearly 100 years old (‘The Last Leaf’ by O Henry), the result is ‘Lootera’.50’s era captured in a meticulous detail and almost flawless. Quiet love story told with very slow pace. Movie is cinematic treat and acoustic delight. Background score is intense and marvelous. Lyrics of songs are relevant and meaningful. The best amongst all is stillness and silences used in the movie, really amazing. Dialogues and pace of the movie is disappointing.
Sonakshi’s performance is superb. Ranveer is exceptionally well towards end. Very well supported by all other characters.
‘Lootera’ may not be liked by majority viewers, particularly, youth because of following points.
- Film is very slow. Majority of us are now almost programmed for a speed and such slow movies can easily create feeling of boredom.
- Story is not relevant to current mindset of youth. Waiting for your loved-one to return one day is outdated, most of us prefer breaking apart and moving on🙂🙂
- Today’s youth want bubbly, exciting and happening love stories. While, this one is slowly and subtly developing romance drama.
- Silences and stillness in movie is awkward for most of Bollywood movies. Most of us are not used to enjoy such moments on screen.
Sidhi baat no bakvaas:
Movie is must watch for those, who enjoys core of film making and slow devotional romance. Not for one, who wants to see exciting, happening, fast paced, entertaining, mushy love stories.
To me, its canvas prepared with colours of love, loss, hate, hope, disappointment and sacrifice. Movie is true cinematic as well as acoustic treat.
- There is nothing more annoying and frustrating, for a woman, than man fails to realize woman’s love for him.
- Aggression is man’s way of showing affection, waiting painfully is woman’s way!
- Hating self is worse than hating someone.
- You are alive till hopes within you are alive. The day hopes die, you are living dead !!
Disclaimer : :)
I’m not a paid or commercial movie critic. This share is to help like-minded friends for spending their money and time effectively🙂